Saturday, September 13, 2008

Rock Climbing

Today I went rock climbing at www.clevelandrockgym.com . It was fun and I did alright for my first time. It takes mad finger strength and quite a bit of core strength to keep tight to the wall. I had zero technique and my legs were dangling off the wall a lot but I used my strength to ascend to the top. They only let you go on the 10 ft "boulders" until you have taken the class but they were much harder than expected. I will be taking the class in the near future and I would like to get out there once a week.

Afterwards I practiced some BJJ with my sister, lots of rubber guard, a half guard pass and some of Eddie Bravo's top game. A lot of people talk down on the rubber guard but I think it is a lot of fun and pretty effective.

I did a quick workout later:

5 minutes TGU 24 kg
3x3 windmills 16 kg
3x15 ab wheel knees to elbows
4x6 ab wheel leg curls

No comments: